Thursday, December 22, 2011

Meeting Myra

As you approach the chinook, you take note of two people standing nearby, chatting. The man you recognize as Jacob, the repairman who accompanied you into Merc Town earlier. The woman is short and stout, with pale skin, black hair, and black lipstick. She's wearing a set of huntsman armor dyed black as well, but despite her somber appearance, she also wears a wide grin.

Apparently, Jacob just told her the story about the blue-skinned D-bee who was so angry that he hit himself with the door on his way out of Fixer's place. "Hi guys!" Jacob says as you approach. "I just finished looking over this fine machine. All systems checked out just fine. This is Myra, by the way. I hear she's going too?"

"A pleasure," Myra says. She looks each of you over, and it feels as if she's looking right through you, as if she can see your soul itself. It's an awkward feeling, but not uncomfortable... although you can tell that it would be quite uneasy for someone who might be hiding something.

10 comments:

  1. So I take it you're the ghost hunter, huh? I'm Kendrick... And the braindead goon in the chopper is Valen. I look forward to working with you. However, I hope that your services are not needed. I'm anticipating a seamless, run-of-the-mill search and rescue operation. Nevertheless, welcome aboard and if you need anything feel free to ask.
    -OOC Yeah, because THAT didn't sound NPC or anything. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra responds, "Truthfully, I hope that my services are needed. When my investigations turn up mundane explanations, I feel I've wasted my time. Still, I understand your sentiment."

    She glances over at Valen, and asks quietly, "He doesn't say much, does he?"

    To Frederick, she says with a grin, "Tall, pale, and handsome... who are YOU?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOC pssst... quim, that's your cue....

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOC: Holidays are always busy... I'm just now getting the chance to look at this stuff again. I'm hoping to jump off the action this week... just gotta find time to write...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you do? I'm Frederick von Wittgenstein. At your service madam. (I take his hand and kiss it as I "See Aura" her.). I think we'll do a very good team indeed... (Self note: Impressed by his sense of fashion and grim beauty).

    OCC. Sorry for the delay guys. I've been on Christmas holidays this past week. Happy New Year, btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Grim Beauty?' Ha! She's a freak. You can have her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOC: Swamped with work, guys. Next post will come this weekend. 1st week back after the holidays is always terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOC: Happy New Years to you guys too! I'm still swamped, but in the meantime, I can at least respond to comments here. Quim, See Aura reveals that she is low level, psychic abilities, no abnormalities (such as being possessed), and no presence of magic other than a high P.P.E.

    Myra giggles as Frederick takes her hand to kiss it. "A good time, indeed!" she exclaims, repeating his comment. "He's the pilot, right?" she asks, pointing to Valen.

    Valen nods and climbs into the cockpit. He begins bonding with the machine. It doesn't take long for the blades to begin slowly rotating and picking up speed.

    "We should get moving before he takes off without us!" Myra exclaims. Meanwhile, Jacob starts frantically waving at a pair of workers, who scramble to get the last of the ammo and supplies into the chopper.

    Jacob turns to the two of you and, now having to raise his voice to be heard over the increasing volume of the chinook, "You guys ready?!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, let's get this bird off the ground.

    OOC: Sorry, Quim. I just saw where you wished us a happy New Year. I don't know how, but I missed it. So... HAPPY NEW YEAR, MAN!

    ReplyDelete